VIRTUAL EVENT: Zeena Pliska Story Towne
Join us for a virtual story time and craft with picture book author Zeena Pliska on our YouTube channel HERE.
We will create the life cycle:
- An egg -using a piece of paper towel, toilet paper, or white fabric.
- Paper or pipe cleaner or clay or playdough to make Little One inside the end.
- A caterpillar - using half of an egg carton.
- A chryaslis - using a paper plate
- Paper or clay or playdough or other small recycled materials to create the metamorphosis inside the chrysalis.
- A butterfly - a paper towel or a coffee filter or a piee of fabric like nylon net.
If you would like to make a life cycle mobile, you will also need some string or thread and a hanger.
- crayons or markers or sharpies or paint (tempra or watercolor) to color the caterpillar, chrysalis, and butterfly.
- tape or glue to close the chrysalis and to attach the string to the pieces
Caterpillar crawls from leaf to leaf, eating and waiting, all alone in a big, green world. Then Orange appears—Orange floats, and flits, and flies, graceful and beautiful. In this sweet, moving story of intergenerational friendship, a small caterpillar is befriended by a glorious monarch butterfly, and together they learn to see the world through each other’s eyes.