The Forgotten Soldier (A Pike Logan Thriller #9) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the A Pike Logan Thriller series.
- #1: One Rough Man: A Spy Thriller (A Pike Logan Thriller #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: All Necessary Force (A Pike Logan Thriller #2) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #3: Enemy of Mine (A Pike Logan Thriller #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: The Widow's Strike (A Pike Logan Thriller #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: The Polaris Protocol (A Pike Logan Thriller #5) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #6: Days of Rage (A Pike Logan Thriller #6) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #7: No Fortunate Son (A Pike Logan Thriller #7) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #8: The Insider Threat (A Pike Logan Thriller #8) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #10: Ghosts of War: A Pike Logan Thriller (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #11: Ring of Fire (A Pike Logan Thriller #11) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #12: Operator Down: A Pike Logan Thriller (Large Print / Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #13: Daughter of War: A Pike Logan Thriller (Paperback): $9.99
In this heart-stopping thriller from New York Times bestselling author Brad Taylor, Pike Logan returns with his most dangerous and personal threat yet: a Taskforce Operator gone rogue.
For years, the extralegal counterterrorist unit known as the Taskforce has worked in the shadows, anticipating and preventing attacks around the globe. Created to deal with a terrorist threat that shuns the civilized rule of law, it abandoned the same, operating outside of the US Constitution. Though wildly successful, it was rooted in a fear that the cure could be worse than the disease.
And now that fear has come home.
A Special Forces soldier is killed on an operation in Afghanistan, and complicit in the attack is a government official of an allied nation. While the US administration wants to forget the casualty, one Taskforce member will not. When he sets out to avenge his brother's death, his actions threaten to not only expose the Taskforce's activities, but also destroy a web of alliances against a greater evil. Pike Logan understands the desire, but also the danger. Brought in to eliminate the risk, he's now forced to choose between his friend and the administration he's sworn to protect, while unbeknownst to either of them, the soldier's death is only the beginning...
About the Author
BRAD TAYLOR is the author of the New York Times bestselling Pike Logan series. He served for more than twenty years in the U.S. Army, including eight years in 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment–Delta, commonly known as Delta Force. He retired as a Special Forces lieutenant colonel and now lives in Charleston, South Carolina.
Praise for The Forgotten Soldier
“Taylor has become one of the very best writers of thrillers with a military and special-ops background. His consistency and his ability to mirror headline news with relevant, engrossing narratives are uncanny, and this exploration of the human side of war should quickly be recognized as one of Taylor’s best efforts. Comparisons to Vince Flynn and Brad Thor are expected and not inaccurate, but Taylor is now in a class by himself.”—Booklist (starred review)
“Slick, exciting action and credible complexity are the hallmarks of Taylor’s high-caliber thrillers, and this latest installment does not disappoint.”—Library Journal
“Brad Taylor...takes his considerable talents to a new level with The Forgotten Soldier....It’s one thing to write great action scenes, quite another to bring us into the actual mindset of the special ops world he knows so well.”—Providence Journal
“Taylor delivers the latest addition to his growing body of convincing plots...he spins a tale that could easily have been lifted from our current sociopolitical reality....A realistic page-turner that fills a need for thrills while questioning the complicated process of statecraft.”—Kirkus Reviews
“Terrific stuff, twistier than usual and just as action packed.”—Sullivan County Democrat
More Praise for Brad Taylor and the Pike Logan series
“Pike ranks right up there with Jason Bourne, Jack Reacher, and Jack Bauer.”—John Lescroart, New York Times bestselling author
“Fresh plot, great action and Taylor clearly knows what he is writing about....When it comes to tactics and hardware he is spot on.”—Vince Flynn, #1 New York Times bestselling author
“Logan is a tough, appealing hero you’re sure to root for.”—Joseph Finder, New York Times bestselling author
“[Pike Logan is a] feisty, devil-may-care hero.”—Steve Berry, New York Times bestselling author
“Few authors write about espionage, terrorism, and clandestine hit squads as well as Taylor does.”—Houston Press
“Action packed....Those who prize authentic military action will be rewarded.”—Publishers Weekly