Middle School, The Worst Years of My Life (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Middle School series.
- #2: Middle School: Get Me out of Here! (Hardcover): $28.00
- #3: Middle School: Big Fat Liar (Hardcover): $13.99
- #4: Middle School: How I Survived Bullies, Broccoli, and Snake Hill (Hardcover): $13.99
- #5: Middle School: Ultimate Showdown (Hardcover): $13.99
- #6: Middle School: Save Rafe! (Hardcover): $13.99
- #7: Middle School: Just My Rotten Luck (Hardcover): $13.99
- #8: Middle School: Dog's Best Friend (Hardcover): $13.99
- #9: Middle School: Escape to Australia (Hardcover): $13.99
- #10: Middle School: From Hero to Zero (Hardcover): $13.99
- #11: Middle School: Born to Rock (Hardcover): $13.99
- #12: Middle School: Master of Disaster (Hardcover): $13.99
- #13: Middle School: Field Trip Fiasco (Hardcover): $13.99
- #14: Middle School: It's a Zoo in Here! (Hardcover): $13.99
- #15: Middle School: Winter Blunderland (Hardcover): $13.99
Discover the #1 bestselling middle-grade comic that inspired a major motion picture: Children's Choice Award winner James Patterson has never been more hilarious and heartwarming.
Rafe Khatchadorian has enough problems at home without throwing his first year of middle school into the mix. Luckily, he's got an ace plan for the best year ever: to break every rule in his school's oppressive Code of Conduct. Chewing gum in class: 5,000 points! Running in the hallway: 10,000 points! Pulling the fire alarm: 50,000 points! But when Rafe's game starts to catch up with him, he'll have to decide if winning is all that matters, or if he's finally ready to face the rules, bullies, and truths he's been avoiding.
James Patterson's debut middle-grade novel addresses some of middle schoolers' biggest issues: bullies, first crushes, and finding out what makes each of us special, all with a hilarious main character and fantastic in-text illustrations that are sure to have young readers begging for more!
About the Author
James Patterson has had more New York Times bestsellers than any other writer, ever, according to Guinness World Records. Since his first novel won the Edgar Award in 1977 James Patterson's books have sold more than 300 million copies. He is the author of the Alex Cross novels, the most popular detective series of the past twenty-five years, including Kiss the Girls and Along Came a Spider. He writes full-time and lives in Florida with his family.
A #1 New York Times Bestseller
A #1 Indiebound BestsellerA 2012 Top Ten Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Readers
A 2013 Hawaii's Children's Choice Award WinnerA 2013 ALSC Summer Reading List BookA 2010 Oregon Children's Choice Award WinnerA 2014 Oregon Reader's Choice Award Nomine
* "Patterson artfully weaves a deeper and... thought-provoking tale of childhood coping mechanisms and everyday school and family realities.... Hand this book to misbehaving, socially awkward, or disengaged boys and girls.... It might help them believe that there is a place for them in the world, no matter how dire times may seem in the present."—School Library Journal, starred review
"A keen appreciation of kids' insecurities and an even more astute understanding of what might propel boy readers through a book.... a perfectly pitched novel."—Los Angeles Times
"Incredibly detailed and imaginative illustrations... add depth and humor.... an enjoyable story that even the most reluctant readers should enjoy."—Library Media Connection
"The book's... dynamic artwork, and message that 'normal is boring' should go a long way toward assuring kids who don't fit the mold that there's a place for them, too."—Publishers Weekly