Reading Is Fundamental
Reading Is Fundamental, Inc. (RIF) develops and delivers children's and family literacy programs that help prepare young children for reading and motivate older children to read regularly. In 2000, through a national network of over 310,000 community volunteers, RIF programs provided over 14 million books and other essential literacy resources to over 4 million children, at no cost to them or their families. RIF is approaching a milestone that will mark RIF having placed more then 200 million books in the hands and homes of America's children. RIF's highest priority is the nation's neediest children, from infancy to age 11.
Ordering Information for RIF
- RIF orders receive a 40% discount off of the retail cost of the books.
- RIF orders are shipped free of charge.
- Orders may be sent 24 hours a day to our fax line at 610-495-8708 or to our email address at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may phone in your orders by using our toll-free number at 1-800-355-BOOK(2665).
- Orders may be placed on our website.
- Because of our "Open Warehouse" policy, books may be purchased directly from our shelves. This fun and easy way to purchase books permits you to leave the warehouse with your order along with your invoices in one trip. We are open Monday through Friday from 7:30 am - 4:00 pm. Please call for an appointment. Special arrangements can be made if these hours conflict with your work day.
- Be sure to check your order immediately. All discrepancies must be reported within 10 days.
- RIF requests that all invoices/checks be forwarded to RIF/Washington DC within 30 days. Payments from orders using private funding may be made directly to Towne Book Center, Inc.
- Contact our Education Department if you wish to receive additional order forms or catalogs.
For further information contact Reading is Fundamental, Inc.
1825 Connecticut Avenue, N.W., Suite 400
Washington, D.C. 20009-5726
Toll Free: 1.877.RIF.READ*www.rif.org